More and more homeowners are trying to create energy efficient homes, so it’s no surprise that sustainable building materials are in high demand. You may think these materials are all new and innovative, but some of the ones we take for granted are also some of the most sustainable. Concrete is one example. GW Brockelbank Concrete Contractors believes you should choose concrete in Rock Hill, SC for your home improvement projects because of the following reasons:
- It’s energy-efficient. Believe it or not, concrete is very energy-efficient. Concrete easily absorbs and retains heat, yet it stops thermal energy transfers.
- It’s durable. Concrete is one of the strongest materials available. It withstands the elements and hardly ages.
- It’s a porous material. Concrete is porous, meaning it easily absorbs water. Moisture filters through the material rather than pooling and turning into excess runoff.
- It has a low impact on the environment. Concrete’s level of impact on our environment is relatively low. If you’re looking to make less of a footprint onto your natural surroundings, this may be the right option for you.
- It won’t go to waste. Hardly any excess concrete goes unused. Concrete contractors can recycle and reuse leftover concrete for many other applications.
When you need concrete in Rock Hill, SC, or Charlotte, NC, call GW Brockelbank Concrete Contractors. As an experienced concrete contractor in Ballantyne, NC, we’ll design and install beautiful, sustainable concrete patios, walkways, and driveways on your property.